If I had to choose a few of my favorite foods they are, in no particular order, chocolate, pizza, and ice cream. Frozen Yogurt fits directly into the ice cream category!
Easy Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
I can eat a frozen dessert any time of the year, even while I’m sitting near a window watching a blizzard. The weekend is always a little hectic but I like making a little extra something for the weekend. So this weekend I’m looking for an easy, lo-cal recipe.
Now I’m really not that naive. I know how rich and calorically expensive ice cream can be so I thought if I was going to make ice cream I would make it without the richness.
What am I thinking????? There is no way to make a deliciously rich ice cream that is low in calories. It’s not as easy as it was some odd years ago to loose extra pounds in a few days. Those pounds seem to hang on to my apron strings so I decided it was time to make some recipe changes and food sacrifices to assist in my mission.
I couldn’t find an ice cream recipe that would actually work if I cut out the cream and eggs. Well then, meet my new best friend, easy Frozen Yogurt — and the bonus is the frozen yogurt recipes were easier than some of the ice cream recipes.
I had a lot of strawberries in the fridge and needed to use them soon before they expired so frozen yogurt was the dessert du jour. No worries, this recipe takes only a few minutes to whip up in a blender, then freeze. Now I know you can do that!
In case you would like try another easy frozen yogurt recipe, this Raspberry Banana Frozen Yogurt is delicious and just as easy to make using a blender.
Easy Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
Easy Strawberry Frozen Yogurt has only two main ingredients, strawberries and plain Greek yogurt. This is an easy frozen dessert to make anytime or for any special occasion.
- Prep Time: 20-35 min.
- Total Time: 1 hr. + 3 hrs chill time
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 2 pints fresh strawberries (you can use frozen if you wish)
- 1/2-2/3 cup granulated Monk Fruit (use your desired sweetener)
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 TBL. vanilla
- 8 oz. plain Greek yogurt
- Slice strawberries and add to a bowl with lemon zest and vanilla. Taste the strawberries for their sweetness. Add the amount of sugar you may need to sweeten the strawberries. Stir well and let the strawberries macerate for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Make extra and set aside to use as a topping.
- Using a blender add the strawberries and pulse a few times to chop the strawberries to desired consistency.
- Add the yogurt to the blender with the strawberries and pulse until the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to a clean bowl and chill in fridge for about an hour. Then add to your ice cream machine and freeze according to the directions.
- Serve the frozen yogurt with the extra macerated strawberries as a topping.
*Note: Strawberries can often be very naturally sweet. Taste the mixture for your desired level of sweetness.
Keywords: homemade, strawberry frozen yogurt, refined sugar free, easy recipe, dessert
Like many of my recipes, this is very flexible — use any fresh berries, or use frozen berries just let them defrost for 20 minutes or so and continue with the recipe. This is a delicious and very easy dessert to make anytime or for any special occasion.
PLEASE SHARE &
**RECIPE & PHOTOS UPDATED 2018