Quinoa With Roasted Tomatoes and Grapes
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth (or water)
- 1 chopped shallot
- 1 TBLS. olive oil
- 2 TBLS. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the tomatoes and grapes on a cookie sheet in a 425 degree oven and roast until they have carmelized – about 20-30 minutes.
- While the tomatoes and grapes are in the oven heat a small sauce pan with the olive oil and add the chopped shallots. Saute for just a minute or so. Add the 1 cup of stock (or water) and quinoa, stir to blend and bring to a boil.
- When the quinoa starts to boil turn off the heat, cover and let sit for 15-20 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
- Add seasoning to taste and gently stir in the tomatoes and grapes.