Easy Corn Fritters Recipe
I’ve been looking through my cookbooks for a fritter recipe and found one in my old version of The Good Housekeeping Cookbook. This cookbook was given to me when I was just a bride (looong ago).
My recipe method calls for a pinch of this, sprinkle and pour as needed which works for me. My mother taught me this method and it’s the method of cooking I’ve been using for as long as I can remember.
It’s just a little difficult to translate my “eye” into the traditional teaspoons and cups method when making a batter type recipe. Since I’ve been blogging I’ve had to rely on my cookbooks for exact measurements. So my many thanks to you Good Housekeeping for always being there.
I made the corn fritters on a recent weekend (before hurricane Irene came to town) as a little appetizer for us since there was a lot going on and dinner would be later than usual. We needed something to hold us over and rather having dip with chips I made the fritters.
The fritters turned out delicious and to my surprise even our grandsons liked them. Often the boys do not usually anything that looks different than plain meat and potatoes.
Easy corn fritters recipe is very to prepare and you can be finished in a flash with this simple recipe. They make a great appetizer or a side dish.
Enjoy this delicious snack on game day. Add this to your game day menu or your party buffet.Print
Easy Corn Fritters Recipe
Easy Corn Fritters recipe are a delicious side dish with dinner, great for game day snacks, or appetizers. This recipe was updated in 2018 & can be made in the air fryer.
- Prep Time: 10 min.
- Cook Time: 7-10 min.
- Total Time: 20-35 min.
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 14 oz. can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 TBLS. avocado oil
- 1/4 cup milk (low fat is o.k.)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Honey, maple syrup, or confectioner’s sugar
- avocado oil for frying
- For AIR FRYER prep
- spray the fritters with non-stick cooking spray & add to the air fryer basket.
- In a large skillet add 1/2 inch of oil and heat to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl using a fork stir in the 1 TBLS of oil with 2 eggs and then blend together the flour, milk, baking powder and salt stir until blended and then stir in the corn.
- To the heated oil drop in a tablespoon of batter, cook 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown, turning over so that all sides are cooked.
- Remove from pan to drain on paper towels.
- AIR FRYER INSTRUCTIONS:
- Place the fritters on to the air fryer tray. Bake at 335 degrees for 4-6 minutes on each side. (Air Fryers are not created equal, you should check the manufacturer’s instructions for guidance)
- Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar, or serve plain and add drizzle of honey or maple syrup.
Keywords: corn fritters, game day snacks, appetizers, side dish
I serve the corn fritters with “healthy” honey if there is such a thing. It just makes me feel better using honey rather than sprinkling with powdered sugar.
Since everyone really enjoys the corn fritters I often make a batch on weekends. Most often in the middle of the afternoon when everyone seems to be hungry and looking for a snack. A drizzle of honey over the fritters is how my mom always served them. Though feel free to use powdered sugar or you can serve them with a Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing.
These are a great game day snack which can be made in advance. Add to the buffet table with honey or buttermilk dressing for dipping. Now there is something for everyone!