This is the time of the year when there is an abundance of recipes using pumpkin.
I enjoy most everything made with pumpkin so I’m adding an easy cookie recipe that’s just in time for Halloween.
These cookies are sooooo good with tea, coffee or a cold glass of milk. You can bet I’ll be eating these before the kids get to them.
Oatmeal Pumpkin Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup quick cooking oatmeal
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven 350 degrees – Grease cookie sheets or you can line them with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl beat the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg, pumpkin and vanilla extract and mix well then add the flour to the mixture and blend well.
- Using a cookie scoop drop onto prepared baking sheet and flatten slightly into a circle.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until cookies are firm and lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
You can decorate the cookies for Halloween (my decorating skills could use practice) or leave them plain. They are great for dunking too.
I’ve shared this with:
Friday Food Recipe Linky at Momtrends.com