Open-Faced Broiled Ricotta Cheese Sandwich
Open Face Broiled Ricotta Cheese Sandwich is made using the holiday leftovers in the fridge. Lay out the leftovers on the counter along with the rolls or bread and everyone can put together their favorite Holiday Leftover Sandwich. This can also be cooked in the air fryer.,
- Prep Time: 5-7 min.
- Cook Time: 2-5 min.
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Sandwich
- Cuisine: American
- 3-6 rolls halved or Italian bread slices
- 16 oz. ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- fresh chopped parsley and/or basil
- olive oil for drizzle
- salt and pepper to taste
- leftover slices of deli ham or salami (optional)
- Slice open the rolls or Italian bread.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the dry bread. Spread about 1/3 cup ricotta cheese on an average size roll (use as more or less, whatever your preference).
- Add a slice or two of the deli meat if you choose then spread a little more ricotta over that.
- Next sprinkle some grated cheeses on top of the ricotta, add chopped parsley/basil, salt and pepper, and drizzle of olive oil.
- Place roll on a foil covered baking sheet and broil for about 2-4 minutes, depending on your oven, just until the cheese melts and it starts to bubble. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
- AIR FRYER DIRECTIONS:
- Place the prepared roll on a parchment sheet and place in the air fryer basket. Cook for 2 minutes. Depending on your air fryer, you may have to cook another minute or two.
Keywords: Grilled Ricotta Sandwich, leftovers, holiday leftovers, lunch, easy recipe