Homemade Chocolate Pudding Dairy Free Sugar Free Recipe
Homemade Chocolate Pudding dairy free sugar free recipe is a very easy dessert to make for any day, any occasion. You can also make this with real cream or diary free and sugar free. This recipe was adapted from Hersheys.com pudding recipe. Click thru for the recipe details.
- Prep Time: 5 min.
- Cook Time: 7-12 min.
- Total Time: 20-25 min.
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- You can make this sugar free and dairy free using your preferred substitions for the sugar and milk.:
- 1/2 cup granulated Monk Fruit (or your preferred sweetener)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Cocoa
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons butter (use Earth Balance for dairy free)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped Cream ( use Coconut whipped cream for non-dairy)(optional)
- Sift the cocoa, cornstarch, sugar & salt in a small bowl.
- In a medium saucepan add in the cocoa mixture and gradually stir in the milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Cook & stir 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in the butter and vanilla.
- Pour into individual dessert dishes.
- Cover top of pudding with plastic wrap to prevent a skin.
- Chill least 2 hours.
- Top with Whipped Cream (optional)
I’ve made this recipe many times. The dairy free version that worked the best was using 1/2 almond milk and 1/2 coconut milk. The reason was that the almond milk was just a bit to light for the pudding to set up.
Keywords: dairy free, chocolate pudding, no refined sugar, easy dessert,