Irish Soda Bread Recipe Oven Bake or Air Fryer
Irish Soda Bread is a very easy and traditional recipe that’s popular for St. Patrick’s Day. It’s so easy to make you can have this any time of year. This easy to make Irish Soda Bread can be oven baked or made in the Air Fryer. This is a great recipe to make with the kids.
- Prep Time: approx. 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-40 min.
- Total Time: 35-45 min
- Yield: 3-5 servings
- Category: Bread
- Cuisine: Ameican
- 3 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine the baking soda and salt.
- Make a well in the center and add 1 cup of the buttermilk — setting aside the remaining ½ cup. Stir in the dry ingredients and buttermilk with a wooden spoon until the milk is absorbed and then gradually add in the remaining milk until a soft dough is formed.
- The dough will quite sticky, you may have to add ¼ cup more flour until it is workable.
- Sprinkle a little flour on your hands and counter and form the dough into a ball.
- Place it into an 8″ inch cake pan that has been sprayed with pam.
- Wet a large knife and slice it almost half-way through the dough to make a large cross.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until it is lightly golden on the top and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- AIR FRYER RECIPE
- Spray a pan or ceramic dish that will fit into your air fryer. Make a cross cut in the center of dough.
- Bake at 360 degrees for 20 minutes. Check to see if it is done by inserting a toothpick and if it comes out dry it’s done. You may have to continue to bake, using 5 minute intervals.
- When fully baked remove from the pan and place on wire rack to cool.
Air Fryer baking pans are usually smaller than oven baking pans. If you make this recipe in the air fryer, you might have to halve the dough and make 2 loaves of bread. Two loaves are always better than one!
Keywords: Irish Soda Bread recipe, Easy recipe, Homemade Soda Bread, oven bake recipe, Air Fryer Recipe