Blueberry Breakfast Muffins with Streusel Topping Recipe
Blueberry Breakfast Muffins with Streusel Topping recipe is a delicious breakfast or brunch recipe. Easy to make for any day or any special occasion.
- Prep Time: 10-15 min.
- Cook Time: 20-25 min.
- Total Time: 35-45 min
- Yield: 1 dozen
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 3/4 cup milk (alternative – coconut or almond milk)
- 2 TBLS. Avocado oil (or use vegetable oil)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or use brown sugar)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries (or frozen)
- STREUSEL TOPPING
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbls. cold butter
MAKE THE STREUSEL TOPPING:
- Streusel Topping Prep: In small bowl stir in flour, brown sugar and cinnamon until well blended. Cut in the butter with a fork until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place liners in a muffin pan.
- Using a large bowl, beat the milk, oil, and egg until well blended. Add in the 2 cups of flour, baking powder and sugar all at once and stir just until all the ingredients are well moistened. Batter will be lumpy — that’s ok — don’t overmix or the muffins will be tough.
- If you have a large cookie scoop, use it to add the batter to the muffin liners. Fill the muffin liners just a little over half way (about ⅔ full).
- With the cool compote, add in the ¼ cup blueberries and stir well. Add a teaspoon full of the compote to each muffin. With a skewer or knife swirl in the compote and berries.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of the streusel topping to each muffin top.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until the muffins bounce back. Remove from oven then remove the muffins from the pan onto a cooling rack.