Pork Saltimbocca Roasted Onions & Potatoes
Pork Saltimbocca Roasted Onions and Potatoes (Recipe adapted from bon appetit magazine).
- Prep Time: 10-20 min.
- Cook Time: 35-45 min.
- Total Time: 50-60 min.
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- 4 pork loin chops
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 2 onions, sliced into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 2 TBLS. olive oil
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes sliced in rounds (or use whatever potatoes you have)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage (optional parsley, rosemary or thyme)
- 8 slices prosciutto
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pierce the top of the pork chopes with a fork in 3 places. Place in a single layer in a baking dish and pour the wine over the top. Set aside to marinate at room temperature while preparing the other ingredients.
- Slice the onions and lay them out in a large pan and coat with the olive oil. Slice the potatoes and toss in a bowl with olive oil and sage or whatever herbs you choose and place in the pan tucking them in with the onions. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Place the onion and potato mixture in the oven and roast until the potatoes start to brown around the edges. Depending on the thickness, it can take 15-20 minutes.
- Remove pork from the marinade and pat dry with paper towel. Season with salt and pepper and place 2 slices prosciutto folded to fit on top of each piece of pork.
- Now place the meat on top of the roasted onions and potatoes and roast about 10 minutes or until the meat registers 135-140 on meat thermometer.
- Let meat rest for 10 minutes before serving.
The cooking time depends on the thickness of the pork chops. The thicker the pork chops the longer the cooking time.
Keywords: saltimbocca, pork chops, dinner recipe