Easy Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe
Easy Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe can be made early in the day, or a day in advance. Making a homemade pizza is a great way to get the family in the kitchen and make dinner together. With this dough you can make pizza, foccacia bread, calzones, or zeppole.
- Prep Time: 12-15 min.
- Total Time: 1-2 hr. rise time
- Yield: 2 pizza pies
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American/Italian
- 1 1/3 cups warm water (approx. 165 degrees)
- 1/2 tsp. honey (or use your preferred sugar)
- 1 pkg. dry yeast
- 2 TBLS. olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- Measure water into large bowl. Add sugar to warm water and stir until dissolved.
- Sprinkle the yeast over the sugared water and let sit for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes stir well with whisk, then add the oil, salt and flour mixing well with a wooden spoon to blend. Then use your hands to be sure all the flour is mixed well with the liquid.
- Turn out the dough onto floured surface and knead, adding more flour if sticky. Turn the dough over, into itself, and continue kneeding for about 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Gather the dough into a ball and put into a greased bowl, covering with a damp towel (this will prevent the dough from forming a skin).
- Let rise, about 2 hours, until it doubles in size.
- Divide dough into 2 equal pieces. It will make 2 14 inch pizzas.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to desired size.
- Place the rolled out dough on to a lightly oiled sheet of parchment paper lined pizza pan.
- Bake at 425 degree oven for 12-18 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned.
This recipe makes a large dough. It can be cut in half to make 2 14″ pizzas, or a pizza and 2 calzones, or 1 pizza and 1 foccacia bread. Or, you can easily freeze the dough and use it another day.