Dress up the Gnocchi by adding shrimp and spinach for a quick and easy dinner anytime.
Gnocchi With Shrimp and Spinach
It’s been a little busy around here which is really a good thing but as a result I haven’t been cooking much.
I’m still making easy dishes that are quick and adding proteins to pasta is the key to fast and easy. I’ve been using gnocchi which is one of my recent favorites.
I must confess I do not make fresh gnocchi, but I’m lucky to be near a local specialty store that makes fresh pasta every day so I can pick up gnocchi whenever I need a quick meal.
For this delicious and easy gnocchi with shrimp and spinach all you need is a bunch of fresh baby spinach, shrimp and gnocchi. This is a quick dish to prepare and it’s light, tasty and, yes I would consider it a healthy choice – use less gnocchi, more spinach and shrimp for a healthier version.
I make shrimp all through the year. Shrimp can be made in dozens of ways with so many different vegetables. This is another meatless dinner made with shrimp that is quick and easy, Shrimp With Quinoa
**I recently remade this gnocchi with shrimp and spinach recipe and added in sliced fresh fennel and grated lemon zest. This added a nice spring freshness to this recipe without adding any time to making this a quick and easy recipe.
TIP: If you are making shrimp for another meal and have leftovers, you can save the shrimp and add them to this recipe.
Gnocchi With Shrimp and Spinach
Gnocchi With Shrimp and Spinach is an easy meatless meal for any day. This is a quick meal to make for Friday dinner in Lent.
**I recently remade this recipe adding in sliced fennel and grated lemon zest which added lots of freshness without adding any additional cooking time.
- 1 lb. gnocchi
- 1 pkg. of fresh baby spinach, cleaned
- 8-10 large fresh shrimp cleaned
- 1-2 shallots thinly sliced
- 2 TBLS. butter
- 2 TBLS. olive oil
- 2 TBLS. dry white wine (optional - or use bouillon)
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh basil or rosemary (optional)
- 1 small fennel bulb finely sliced (I used about 1/3 cup of fennel)
- 1 tbls. fresh lemon zest
- Boil water and cook the gnocchi according to directions (usually 3-7 minutes).
- While the water is boiling, heat a large saute pan and add the oil. When oil is hot saute the shallots on low/medium heat.
- Add the shrimp and saute until almost cooked about 2 minutes on each side.
- Add the gnocchi and saute with the shrimp for a minute and add the spinach, the butter, and the wine (or substitute bouillon), (add in the fennel if using) cooking for just another minute until the butter is well blended.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with the fresh basil or rosemary, add the grated lemon zest if using.
This is a very quick dish and everything cooks quickly – just keep an eye on the shrimp not to overcook it. It’s best to add the spinach while the shrimp are not yet fully cooked as the shrimp will continue to cook with the spinach while the butter is blending. The total cooking time for this dish will be less than 15 minutes.
**I recently remade this recipe and added in sliced fresh fennel and grated lemon zest. This added a nice spring freshness to this recipe without adding any time to making this a quick and easy recipe.
PLEASE SHARE &