Spelt Breakfast Muffins
Spelt Breakfast Muffins is a very easy recipe. You can prep and bake the muffins to serve for breakfast in less than 35 minutes from start to finish.
- Prep Time: 10-12 min.
- Cook Time: 7-9 min.
- Total Time: 25-35 min.
- Yield: 14-18 muffins
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 3/4 cup spelt flour
- 2 TBLS. corn starch
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 2 TBLS. plain yogurt (greek, regular, non-fat)
- 1 TBLS. applesauce
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1 TBLS. avocado oil (or any light vegetable oil)
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup (or your sweetener of choice)
- Lakanto’s Monk Fruit Confectioner’s Sugar for dusting
- Marmalade or fruit preserves for spreading on muffins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees & spray mini muffin pan with non-stick spray. Yields about 14 to 18 mini muffins.
- Sift dry ingredients in medium size bowl and set aside.
- In small bowl whisk together the egg, yogurt, applesauce, vanilla, and oil until well blended.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry all at once and stir well just till combined.
- Fill the muffin cups only halfway with batter, approx. 1-1 1/2 TBLS. of batter as the muffins will rise.
- Bake 7-8 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for 5-10 minutes.
Keywords: Mini breakfast muffins, easy recipe, spelt flour recipe