White Sangria Slushie
is a refreshing summer drink with fresh peaches. You can also make a family friendly drink without the white wine.
It’s no secret that this summer has been hot and humid and trying to relax while sitting on the deck, well, it’s not that relaxing.
I’m thinking that maybe a slushy would be refreshing. I decide to make a sangria slushie with peaches while the grill is heating up.
If you make this family friendly without the wine the kids will love it. You’ll be giving them a healthy drink they will enjoy and not even realize it’s a ‘good for you’ drink.
I’ve been buying peaches all summer. They have been really sweet so I’ve been making ice cream and slushies and even used them as one of the toppings on my cheesecake.
As I’m chopping the peach I’m thinking the peach flavor is going to be so good with the grilled chicken. I think I’m going to save some of the peaches to make a salsa for the chicken. Yum!, but that’s another post for the salsa.
Making slushies are easy and they are flexible. You can add any kind of water (flavored, sparkling) or fruit juices along with any fruits you prefer: peaches, nectarines, plums, apricots pineapple, oranges, mango, cherries or any variety of berries
Many slushie recipes require that you blend all the ingredients and pour the ‘juice’ into ice cube trays to freeze in advance. This process doesn’t work for me — when a craving is spur of the moment the ‘make ahead and freeze‘ method is not practical.
Here is a simple recipe that you can make whenever you want as long as you have ice cubes and any fresh fruit and/or juice you already have in the fridge. The ingredients should be cold from the fridge as opposed to room temperature.
For the family friendly version leave out the wine and just add additional fruit juice, flavored seltzer or sparkling water then adjust the sugar to the level you prefer.
- 3 cusp chopped peaches
- Juice from 1 peach (cut up fresh peach and add to blender) or use bottled juice
- 1-3 TBLS. agave nectar (or use honey) taste the juice before adding sweetener
- ⅔ cup white wine (or leave out wine and add fruit juice or sparkling water)
- 1-2 cups ice cubes
- Add all the ingredients except for the sugar into the blender. Only add 1 tablespoon of sugar and blend until the ice has been sufficiently crushed into a slushie.
- Taste for desired level of sweetness. If you need to add more sugar add 1 teaspoon at a time so as to not make it over-sweet.
- Pour into a large glass and garnish with lemon or orange slices and a slice of the fruit you are using.
You might enjoy these Refreshing Summer Drinks: