Cookie Baking With Spelt Flour and No Eggs
Cookie baking with spelt flour and no eggs makes for a healthy treat to add to anyone’s lunch box.
The reasons are simple, some of us have allergies and some are making dietary changes for health reasons.
Spelt flour does not easily absorb liquid as does regular all purpose flour so you’ll notice that this recipe uses more liquids than a basic cookie recipe – honey replaces the refined sugar and I use avocado oil in place of butter.
This cookie batter will be a bit thin compared to a traditional cookie recipe but chilling the dough will help to make the dough more ‘scoop-able’.
Cookie Baking With Spelt Flour and NO Eggs
Cookie Baking with Spelt Flour and No Eggs is an easy to make chocolate chip cookie using alternative flours. Sometimes we need to make a change for dietary reasons. This recipe is one to try.
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2-3/ 4 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat ove to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment or silicone mat
- In medium bowl whisk the spelt flour and almond flour with the salt and baking soda until well blended.
- In a large bowl whisk together the oil, honey (or maple syrup if using) and vanilla until well blended.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix util well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop a tablespoon of cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven about 10 minutes or until the cookies are golden.
- Remove cookies from oven and cool on wire rack.
One thing I try to remind my cookie tasters is this cookie will have a slightly different texture than a traditional chocolate chip cookie but when making healthy food choices we just have to accept the changes to enjoy a healthy treat.
I’ve made several cookie recipes using white whole wheat flour, coconut flour, almond flour and a tried and true No Eggs Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe.
Here are some other cookie recipes you might enjoy: