Baking using alternative flour and no eggs is worth the time and effort to serve a delicious sweet treat.
Cookie Baking With Spelt Flour and No Eggs
A delicious cookie you can add to your brown bag lunches, this easy to make chocolate chip cookie is made with spelt flour and no eggs.
The reasons are simple. Many of our family and friends may have an allergy or two and some are making dietary changes for health reasons.
Cookie baking with spelt flour can have it’s challenges. Spelt flour does not easily absorb liquid as does regular all purpose flour. You will notice that this recipe includes more liquids than a basic cookie recipe. Honey replaces the refined sugar and I use avocado oil in place of butter.
This cookie batter will be a bit thin compared to a traditional cookie recipe but chilling the dough will help to make the dough more ‘scoop-able’.Print
Cookie Baking With Spelt Flour and NO Eggs
Cookie Baking with Spelt Flour and No Eggs is an easy to make chocolate chip cookie using alternative flour and eliminates eggs which is a ‘good thing’ for those who have allergies to eggs. Sometimes we often need to make a change for dietary reasons so this recipe is worth a try. Who can resist a chocolate chip cookie!
- Prep Time: 10-15 min.
- Cook Time: 10-13 min.
- Total Time: 35-45 min
- Yield: 1 1/2 dz. approx.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2-3/4 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat ove to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment or silicone mat
- In medium bowl whisk the spelt flour and almond flour with the salt and baking soda until well blended.
- In a large bowl whisk together the oil, honey (or maple syrup if using) and vanilla until well blended.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix util well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop a tablespoon of cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven about 10 minutes or until the cookies are golden.
- Remove cookies from oven and cool on wire rack.
One thing I try to remind my cookie tasters is this cookie will have a slightly different texture than a traditional chocolate chip cookie but when making healthy food choices we just have to accept the changes to enjoy a healthy treat.
I’ve made several cookie recipes using white whole wheat flour, coconut flour and almond flour. I make this No Eggs Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe recipe all the time when we are having a large crowd. Another easy recipe to try is this very easy gluten free Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie.
I enjoy serving desserts. When entertaining I always make it my mission to have sweet treats everyone will enjoy.