If you are shopping for a bottle of wine to choose as a gift look for something a little unusual.
|This Unusual Label May Not Be Appropriate|
I know you’re asking, ‘what is unusual?’ about a bottle of wine. It could be the label — there are many labels that have unusual images, phrases, or graphic designs. However, choosing a bottle with an unusual label at a price of under $10 just may not be a good choice.
Unless you are asked, you don’t have to bring the wine to go with dinner; and if you are attending a holiday party it’s a possibility the wine may not be opened for the party. Knowing this, then buying wine as a hostess gift is a little less stressful.
Here are a few tips to help choose a bottle of wine that will be thoughtful and appreciated. Keep these in mind when shopping.
- wine from a country that might reflect the heritage of the person receiving the wine
- something from a small, family owned winery
- a geographic location that may be the person’s favorite place
- the style of wine the person prefers (red, white, sparkling, or sweet)
- a sparkling wine for a special occasion the recipient will be celebrating
You don’t have to spend a lot of money on a bottle of wine, but when purchasing a gift choose something that is in the $15-$25 range, unless the salesperson shares with you an excellent $10 wine.