Chicken & Roasted Vegetable Pot Pie
Chicken and roasted vegetable pot pie is easy to make. You can use any leftover vegetables you might have. If not, now worries, just follow the easy recipe for a delicious comfort food dinner.
- Prep Time: 12-15 min.
- Cook Time: 35-45 min.
- Total Time: 40-50 min.
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- 1 lb. carrots, peeled cut in 1″ pieces
- 1 pkg. mushrooms cut in chunks (baby bella’s or 2 portobello’s)
- 2-3 leeks, cleaned & cut in chunks
- 3-4 shallots, peeled and cut in chunks
- 3-4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1-2 TBLS. oil (olive, avocado oil, or canola)
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 TBLS. oil
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1/2 lb. chicken cut in cubes
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 TBLS. cornstarch mixed with 4 TBLS. liquid(you can use either water or the stock)
- 3 TBLS. chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp. thyme (dried or fresh)
- 1/2 tsp. rosemary (dried or fresh)
- salt and pepper
- 2 pastry crusts
- egg wash
- Lay out the first 6 ingredients — chopped carrots, leeks, shallots, and garlic cloves on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Toss vegetables with 1-2 tablespoons of oil, salt and pepper, and roast for about 20 minutes, stirring once or twice. Add the mushrooms and stir together with the vegetables and continue to cook another 10 minutes.
- In large saute pan heat 1 tablespoon of oil and the chopped celery and onion and cook for about 2 minutes. Remove from pan to a small dish.
- In same saucepan add the chicken and cook just until it is opaque and a little underdone. The chicken will continue to cook in the oven.
- Add all the cooked vegetables to the large pan and add the stock. Cook on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes. Add the frozen peas and stir into the vegetables cook another minute and then add the chicken and add the parsley, rosemary and thyme.
- Mix the cornstarch with liquid and stir into the pan with vegetables. Cook another 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Line a pie plate with the bottom crust and bake for 10 minutes. Add the vegetables and chicken and place the second pie crust on the top.
- Make several small slits or prick holes with a fork in the top crust. Brush crust with egg wash.
- Bake 30 to 45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
Keywords: homemade, roasted vegetables, chicken pot pie, comfort food