Red Velvet Cupcakes
Red Velvet Cupcakes an easy to make dessert for your favorite Valentine or make these just because it’s dessert time.
- Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Total Time: 45
- Yield: approx. 1 dz.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons natural cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring*
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated Monk Fruit
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray cupcake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk flour, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
- Whisk together the buttermilk, vinegar, vanilla, and eggs in a large measuring cup or small bowl and set aside.
- Using a small bowl Mix the cocoa with food coloring stirring into a smooth paste-set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer beat sugar and butter until well blended. Add the eggs one at a time beating until well blended.
- Add the dry ingredients a third at a time to the large bowl with the sugar and butter mixture and alternately adding in the buttermilk mixture, blending well after each addition.
- Next add in the cocoa mixture and blend just until blended.
- Pour batter into cupcake pan filling only two-thirds full. (Yields approx. 12 to 16 cupcakes)
- Bake 15-25 minutes depending on the size of your muffin tin and your oven. Place cupcakes onto cooling racks and cool completely before frosting.
*****This is an easy recipe. Add a few extra minutes for creative decorating.
Keywords: red velvet cupcakes, Valentine's Day Dessert, easy recipe