Air Fryer Quinoa Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Air Fryer Quinoa Stuffed Peppers recipe is a delicious and easy to make vegetarian meal. This recipe can be oven baked and also baked in the Air Fryer. I’ve made this recipe many times in both oven and air fryer.
- Prep Time: 15-20 min.
- Cook Time: 20-35 min.
- Total Time: 50-60 min.
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2-4 bell peppers
- 1 tbls. avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup dried figs (or golden raisins), roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews, roughly chopped
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. OR PRE-HEAT AIR FRYER 330 degrees
- Cut peppers in half and seed. Par boil them for about 3 minutes (do not cook until soft). Drain and set aside.
- Cut and dice one of the par-boiled peppers and set aside.
- Cook the quinoa 2 cups of water for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Using the same pot, heat oil and stir in the dice onion and saute for about 3 minutes then add in the diced pepper continuing to cook about 5 minutes. Add in the cumin and cinnamon and cook for another minute stirring well to blend.
- Add in the figs, nuts, quinoa and beaten egg and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and then fill each pepper half with the mixture.
- Place the pepper halves in a baking dish, cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake another 20 minutes.
- AIR FRYER -Heat oven to 375 degrees. OR PRE-HEAT AIR FRYER 330 degrees
- Depending on your air fryer, place the peppers into the basket. Or place the peppers in an air fryer pan, then add to the air fryer basket.
- AIR FRYER – Bake at 12 minute intervals to check for doneness. Each appliance will cook at different intervals.
Notes: By par-boiling the peppers first, it will help shorten the baking time.
This is a flexible recipe. Add in or eliminate the spices and fillings you prefer.
Keywords: quinoa, stuffed peppers, vegetarian recipe, air fryer recipe, meatless monday