In honor of the Easter Bunny we will enjoy this carrot muffins air fryer recipe. An easy recipe for weekend breakfast or snacks are oven baked and can also be baked in the air fryer.
Carrot Muffins Air Fryer Recipe
I always make muffins on the weekend and since it’s springtime the Easter Bunny and carrots come to mind. Strange maybe, but when age starts creeping up on you thoughts of your youth make you smile and bring to mind some childhood memories. Oh, maybe I should clear this up and let you know I’m not not that old . . . LOL !!!!!
The kids are always excited in the spring. The Easter Bunny always creates a buzz around the house. I don’t know about your family, but for some silly reason the Easter Bunny leaves little gifts. All I ever remember the Easter Bunny leaving us when we were kids were sugary candy Easter eggs.
Thank goodness times have changed and we can buy chocolate bunnies and eggs. If you color Easter eggs and enjoy cooking with the kids, here is a homemade Easter Bunny marshmallow recipe the kids might enjoy helping to make.
My preferred muffin size is the mini. They are best for brunch when there is a wide variety of foods. That gives everyone an opportunity to enjoy a small bite of something sweet with tea or coffee. If there are leftovers I freeze the muffins for when we want a snack.
Definitely make carrot muffins air fryer recipe in full size muffins if you wish. They are just as delicious. For me it would depend on how large of a crowd I will be serving. It’s just a personal preference of either mini or full size muffins.
This basic carrot muffin recipe is easy and if you pulse the carrots in a food processor the kids will never know they are eating vegetables. No worries for the picky eaters. Using carrots also adds a little sweetness so that you can use a little less sugar.Print
Carrot Muffins Air Fryer Recipe
Carrot Muffins can be baked in the air fryer. These muffins have no refined sugar and the carrots are a healthy treat to welcome Spring. An easy recipe for mini muffins everyone will enjoy.
- Prep Time: 10-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- Total Time: 35-40 min.
- Yield: 1 dozen
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (or any light oil)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1 large carrot grated (or finely pulsed in food processor)
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- pinch salt
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 4 TBLS. butter softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups Lakanto Monk Fruit confectioners sugar
- To OVEN BAKE – Preheat oven to 400 degrees. — To BAKE IN AIR FRYER – Preheat to 330 degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk together the oil and sugar, then add the applesauce and the carrots.
- In medium bowl whisk in the flour, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the large bowl with the wet ingredients just until blended. Stir in the walnuts if you are using. It’s o.k. if it’s a little lumpy, don’t overmix.
- Spray mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Scoop batter into the pan ¾ full. Bake 9-12 minutes or when the tops spring back when touched in center. FOR THE AIR FRYER – use silicone muffin liners.
- If you OVEN BAKE & make full size muffins bake for 20-25 minutes.
- If you use the AIR FRYER use silicone muffin liner and bake at 320 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Use a cake tester to test for doneness.
- In a medium size bowl using an electric mixer beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in the vanilla extract and confectioners sugar and on low speed mix until the sugar is blended then mix on high until light an fluffy.
- Spread the frosting on the muffins and add chopped walnuts or festive colored sprinkles.
Keywords: muffins, carrot muffins, spring muffins, Easter breakfast muffins
Carrot muffins call for cream cheese frosting. However, you can top the carrot muffins with whatever your favorite topping might be.
I also added walnuts which my family enjoys. Feel free to eliminate the nuts for those with allergies. The nuts do not affect the flavor of the carrot muffins.