Carrot Muffins Air Fryer Recipe
Carrot Muffins can be baked in the air fryer. These muffins have no refined sugar and the carrots are a healthy treat to welcome Spring. An easy recipe for mini muffins everyone will enjoy.
- Prep Time: 10-20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- Total Time: 35-40 min.
- Yield: 1 dozen
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (or any light oil)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1 large carrot grated (or finely pulsed in food processor)
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- pinch salt
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 4 TBLS. butter softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups Lakanto Monk Fruit confectioners sugar
- To OVEN BAKE – Preheat oven to 400 degrees. — To BAKE IN AIR FRYER – Preheat to 330 degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk together the oil and sugar, then add the applesauce and the carrots.
- In medium bowl whisk in the flour, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the large bowl with the wet ingredients just until blended. Stir in the walnuts if you are using. It’s o.k. if it’s a little lumpy, don’t overmix.
- Spray mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Scoop batter into the pan ¾ full. Bake 9-12 minutes or when the tops spring back when touched in center. FOR THE AIR FRYER – use silicone muffin liners.
- If you OVEN BAKE & make full size muffins bake for 20-25 minutes.
- If you use the AIR FRYER use silicone muffin liner and bake at 320 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Use a cake tester to test for doneness.
- In a medium size bowl using an electric mixer beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in the vanilla extract and confectioners sugar and on low speed mix until the sugar is blended then mix on high until light an fluffy.
- Spread the frosting on the muffins and add chopped walnuts or festive colored sprinkles.
Keywords: muffins, carrot muffins, spring muffins, Easter breakfast muffins