Pasta Salad – Hold The Mayo
Pasta Salad Hold the May is made with an oil and vinegar dressing. A very versatile salad to serve on any buffet or party. No need to worry about the heat in summer. Keep it over a bowl of ice and out of the sun with no worries.
- Prep Time: 10-15 min.
- Cook Time: 7-10 min.
- Total Time: 1-2 hr. chill time
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- 1 box rotelli style pasta (or your favorite pasta shape), cooked al dente
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes or grape tomatoes quartered
- 8 oz. pkg. mozzarella cut into small chunks (optional)
- 1 cup black olives, halved (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro & fresh basil (whichever you prefer, or use all)
- 3-4 TBLS. olive oil
- 2 TBLS. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the onion and tomatoes and add to a small bowl. Stir in the olive oil and vinegar and toss well to coat the tomatoes and onions. Taste to see if you would like to add more of either vinegar or oil and salt and pepper. Cover and set aside until ready to serve.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the water just before draining.
- Drain pasta and add to a large bowl.
- Stir in the tomato mixture and add the mozzarella chunks, olives if using, parsley/cilantro & basil, and salt & pepper to taste. Stir well to blend. Can be served well chilled or at room temperature.
Make this pasta salad your special of the house by using your favorite ingredients. Add in whatever you and your family will enjoy!
Keywords: pasta salad, no mayo, summer salad, potluck, macaroni salad