is an easy to make dessert anytime of the year, any occasion, family brunch, or celebrate Cinco de Mayo.
Pineapple Salsa Quesadilla
It is so easy to make pineapple salsa quesadillas and it’s a recipe that you can make your own. Use whatever fruits and berries you prefer – and why not share the dessert love and make it for breakfast or brunch as well.
This is my kind of recipe – flexible, easy, and it’s dessert.
You can make this a little more healthy by using whole wheat tortillas. Make your own homemade tortillas if you have time or buy your favorite brand.
Pineapple Salsa Quesadillas
Pineapple Salsa Quesadillas are a delicious anytime dessert. Or add these to a dessert buffet for any party. And celebrate with Cinco de Mayo.
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple (you can use canned, drain it well)
- 1/2 cup fresh black berries (or your choice of berries)
- 1-2 fresh kiwi, peeled and slice
- 2 tbls. honey
- 4 flour tortillas – 8″
- 1 large banana sliced
- 2 tbls. butter
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche
- whipped cream or creme fraiche for garnish (optional)
- Prepare the salsa – cut pineapple in a small dice, rinse the blackberries. Place fruit in a small bowl and taste for sweetness before adding the honey. Set aside.
- Slice the banana in thin rounds. Spread dulce de leche on half of the tortilla and place sliced banana on top. Fold over the tortilla and place in a hot saute pan with a little butter. Cook about 2-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from pan, place on plate and cut in wedges.
- Add the fruit salsa on top and drizzle with a little more dulce de leche or chocolate syrup.
- Serve warm - Garnish with whipped cream or creme fraiche if you wish.
I was in such a hurry to taste the quesadillas that I forgot to add the whipped cream. Oh, don’t get me wrong, I would have loved the whipped cream but the pineapple salsa was so delicious I didn’t miss it. The fresh fruit shines on its own.
Sometimes I make these fruit quesadillas in the middle of winter when we are stuck in the house. They bring us the summer warmth and sunshine that we are missing. Use your favorite fresh fruits and berries. Or like me, use whatever you have available on the snowy days you can’t get to the store.
We often have a family brunch, this pineapple salsa quesadilla is terrific to add to your brunch menu. If there are any leftover, you can save them for snacks with a cup of tea or coffee.