Peach Tomato Salad with Feta Cheese
is loaded with fresh flavors from seasonal fresh peaches and tomatoes.
This is a refreshing cold salad for the dog days of summer and it’s economical when using the abundance of seasonal produce.
I adapted this recipe from the cookbook titled Peaches: A Savor the South Cookbook. The recipe was posted in our weekend paper.
I wasn’t able to find heirloom tomatoes in my supermarket recently, so I used grape tomatoes. They are sweet and definitely less expensive. It was a good choice.
Adding the mixed greens made the salad enough for 4 servings and it made the salad more hearty and a great side salad.
This is another very flexible recipe to make choosing your favorite ingredients to make the salad your signature dish. I added fresh blueberries which was a nice addition.
The dressing was just the right balance. I thought the red vinegar was going to be overpowering but it complemented the sweetness of the peaches and tomatoes.
This peach tomato salad with feta cheese is not your ordinary salad — it’s a special salad that is worthy of a special occasion or just make it for lunch. Elevate your BBQ by serving this as a side salad. It will please every palate with its sweet peaches and the salty feta cheese and it’s a delicious compliment to your BBQ burgers and chicken as well.
I’ve made this peach tomato salad with feta cheese many times and I left the skin on the peaches in some instances. It wasn’t a problem, often the skins were tender enough that we barely needed a knife, but feel free to peel the skins when serving a crowd.
Peach Tomato Salad With Feta Cheese
- 1/2 bag of mixed greens, well rinsed and dried
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 4 large peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2-3 large heirloom tomatoes OR 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4-5 small basil leaves
For Salad Dressing
- 1 TBLS. red wine vinegar
- 3 TBLS. olive oil
- 1 tsp. honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- Peel and slice peaches; slice onions, tomatoes and add them to a large salad bowl with the mixed greens.
- Make dressing in a small bowl, whisking together the vinegar, olive oil, honey and
- salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and gently toss. Add in the feta cheese. Tear
- up the basil leaves and add to the salad and give one final toss.
Keep Kool in the Kitchen with this refreshing Peach Tomato Salad with Feta Cheese.