Quinoa Stuffed Zucchini #MeatlessMonday
Quinoa Stuffed Zucchini is a healthy vegetarian option to make anytime and can also be cooked in the Air Fryer. This is a great recipe to add to your fresh zucchini crop this season.
- Prep Time: 20-30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
- Total Time: 45-55 min.
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- 2 zucchini cut in half length-wise
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 large shallot chopped
- 1 tbls. avocado oil (or any light vegetable oil)
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper (I used red and yellow)
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped baby bella mushrooms
- 2 tbls.. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1-2 tbls. butter
- 2 tbls. chopped walnuts (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions which you will then use only 1 cup of the cooked quinoa. (you can save the remainder of the quinoa for another dish.)
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise. Hollow out the center just enough to make a cavity for the filling.
- Using the zucchini meat you just removed from the center, chop it and set aside to add to the filling.
- In a medium saute pan, heat the oil and add the chopped bell peppers. Cook for 1-2 minutes and then add the chopped shallots. Cook another 2 minutes and then stir in the chopped mushrooms and the chopped zucchini meat.
- Next add in the breadcrumbs a little at a time to bind the mixture and then add in the butter. Stir in the walnuts, if using, and season to taste.
- Fill each zucchini with the stuffing. Drizzle the top with a little olive oil.
- In a foil lined baking pan add ¼ water and a drop of oil and then place the zucchini halves in the pan and bake at 350 degree oven for 30 to 45 minutes. The timing will depend on the thickness of the zucchini. The zucchini will be done when a fork is easily pierced into the the side of the zucchini.
AIR FRYER COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Depending on the size of your air fryer, you might have to cut the stuffed zucchini in half. Cook the stuffed zucchini according to the manufacturer’s instructions. I have a large air fryer so I was able to place the 2 stuffed zucchini in the basket. Cook time was approximately 15 minutes at 330 degrees. Each air fryer will be different.
Keywords: Zucchini recipe, stuffed zucchini, vegetarian option, easy recipe, make in advance