Blueberry Scones With Orange Glaze
Blueberry Scones with Orange Glaze is easy to make for breakfast, brunch, or afternoon tea. The recipe is flexible – You can add your favorite ingredients to flavor your scones. I usually make orange scones or chocolate chip scones since we are chocolate lovers but who can resist a juicy blueberry scone.
- Prep Time: 12-15 min.
- Cook Time: 15-20 min.
- Total Time: 35-45 min
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Scones
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1 tbl. baking powder
- 2 tbl. granulated Monk Fruit sugar (you can use your preferred sweetener)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 5 tbl. cold butter cut in chunks
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup heavy cream
For Orange Glaze
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 cups Lakanto Monk Fruit confectioners’ sugar
- zest from the orange
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sift the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Cut in the cold butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Try not to over mix into a sand like mixture.
- Fold in the blueberries gently trying not to crush the berries.
- Add the heavy cream and gently mix just until the batter is well blended. Do not over-mix.
- Spread some flour on your work surface and scoop out the dough from the bowl. Gently press out the dough until it is approximately 3/4 inches thick. The dough will be very sticky.
- Cut into triangles or you can use a 2″ round cookie cutter.
- Place the scones onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and brush the tops with cream. Sprinkle the tops with sugar and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown. Cool on wire rack before glazing.
- Mix the orange juice, sugar and orange zest in small bowl stirring until well blended.
- Drizzle over cooled scones and garnish (optional) with orange zest.
Keywords: breakfast, blueberry scones, brunch, easy recipe