There is not much to say about breakfast except of course we all should have breakfast every day. Making a breakfast wrap in advance is a great start to the day.
The problem is many of us are short on time. We run out the door and grab something on the run. Sometimes it can’t be helped. So I’ve been making this delicious breakfast wrap for my mornings on the run.
Here is an easy wrap to make on the weekends. It’s the healthy boost we sometimes miss during the week.
My favorite veggies to add are avocado and spinach and then I’ll what ever veggies I have in the fridge. This morning I had a fresh red pepper, so I cut up a few very thin slices of red pepper to add to the wrap.
You can add anything you like — sliced apples, cream cheese, smoked salmon, tomatoes, cucumbers – the possibilities are endless, whatever your family likes.Print
This Breakfast Wrap is a delicious ‘take to go’ breakfast. You can prepare the eggs on the weekends. Have the ingredients ready and you can put the wraps together the night before. It’s an easy and healthy boost we often need to start the week.
- Prep Time: 10-12 min.
- Cook Time: 8 min.
- Total Time: 15 min.
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 2-4 Wraps or Tortillas
- 2-4 eggs, scrambled
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1-2 avocados, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced in thin strips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Place the wraps or tortillas in the oven just to warm.
- Wash the spinach and pat dry in paper towel. Slice the pepper and avocado and set aside.
- Scramble the eggs. Remove the wraps from the oven to a plate.
- Divide the eggs among the wraps.
- Layer the spinach, avocado and pepper strips on top. Roll up the wraps and slice in half.
The yield for this recipe will depend on the number of eggs scrambled and wraps you have.
Keywords: breakfast, scrambled egg, avocado, breakfast wrap, take and go breakfast
The kids love helping to make their own wraps. Lay out the ingredients on the table. Then everyone can add their favorite toppings to their own scrambled eggs breakfast wrap.