An unexpected dessert to serve anytime, S’mores Pizza is a delicious dessert for almost any occasion.
Make a s’mores pizza on the weekends for a game day treat. This is also a great dessert to add to a party buffet dessert table.
You can make s’mores anywhere — camping, in the backyard or in the kitchen anytime of the year – summer or winter.
With summer coming to a close we are chilling out at home. This s’mores pizza is a dessert worthy of celebrating the end of summer. This easy dessert pizza is made with the usual pizza crust. You can grill it, or oven bake it. Doesn’t matter what the weather, rain or snow, you can enjoy s’mores anytime.
If you have already grilled a cheese and tomato pizza you will easily be able to make this s’mores pizza. Or if you live in an apartment, no worries, you can just bake the s’mores pizza in the oven.
This S’mores pizza uses the classic S’mores ingredients of graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows but re-imagined on a pizza crust. Don’t worry, it’s easy.
You can buy a pre-made pizza dough. This is instant gratification, you can make this s’mores pizza and have it ready to serve within 30 minutes.
Or you can make your own pizza dough, this is the recipe I use.
If you decide to grill the pizza, it’s easy. Place the rolled dough (without the toppings) on the heated grill for a few minutes until it bubbles and turns lightly browned.
Carefully remove the lightly browned dough, place on a plate then layer on the ingredients and immediately return it to the grill for a minute or two to heat and melt the chocolate and marshmallows.Print
I adapted this recipe from www.foodandwine.com
- Category: Dessert Pizza
- 3/4 cup graham crackers crushed
- 2 TBLS. brown sugar
- 1 TBLS. coconut sugar
- 1 TBLS. butter, room temp
- 1/4 ts. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 store bought pizza dough (or homemade)
- 2 TBLS. vegetable oil
- 2 3 oz. chocolate bar (milk or semi-sweet)
- 1-2 cups mini marshmallows
- Have the pizza dough ready at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. If you have a pizza stone place it in the oven to pre-heat. (I don’t have a pizza stone, I just cooked the dough on a regular metal pizza pan.
- Using a food processor or blender combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugars, vanilla, butter and salt. Pulse a few times just until the mixture is well combined. Break up the chocolate bar into chunks and set aside.
- Cut the pizza dough in half and roll out one half on floured surface to a 10 to 12 inch round.
- Lightly spread or brush vegetable oil over the dough and on the pizza pan or stone.
- Bake until the dough bubbles on top and is lightly browned – about 3 to 6 minutes
- – depending on the oven.
- When the dough is browned and bubbly remove the pan, place it on a flat surface and sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs, chocolate and then the marshmallows on top of the crust.
- Return pan to the oven and heat until the chocolate melts and the marshmallows are toasted — about 3-5 minutes.
- Place on plate, cut into pizza wedges and serve.
- Repeat the process with the second half of the dough.
You might also enjoy these S’mores treats: