Chocolate cake recipes are abundant. Everyone has a favorite recipe and yes, they are all delicious.
I wouldn’t be a faithful fan of chocolate if I didn’t keep trying new recipes. I’m not looking for the “BEST” chocolate cake ever, I just like to keep things interesting.
Food is such a wonderful way to celebrate and chocolate is the ingredient that can guarantee smiles and make everyone happy.
So here is another chocolate cake recipe — actually this recipe was called Zucchini Brownies — but in my baking kitchen where I tweak recipes and change ingredients the original Zucchini Brownie recipe from Blendtec turned out to be a chocolate cake.
I’m sharing, as written, the Blendtec recipe for Zucchini Brownies. It is the recipe that I tweaked into a chocolate cake, but that’s another post. Though I will say that this Zucchini Brownie recipe is more a cake-like brownie rather than a fudgy type brownie.
For those who have an abundant harvest of zucchini this recipe is a great way to incorporate vegetables in a dessert and giving kids a healthier snack. The zucchini becomes flavorless in this recipe and when it is pulverized in the blender it adds additional moisture to the batter.
You can make this recipe in a food processor with the same results. Add the ingredients in the same order and mix the wet ingredients until the zucchini is well blended into the batter. Next, add in the flour mixture and pulse a few times until well blended.
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl add the flour, salt and baking soda and gently whisk together to blend.
- Add to the blender the first seven ingredients and select 'batters' to blend the ingredients together. When blender stops add in the flour mixture and pulse several times to incorporate the flour into the batter.
- Add batter into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add the chocolate chips on top. Allow chips to melt for 20-30 seconds and then spread over top.