Fideos With Chicken
Fideos relates to the ‘noodles’. You can make this recipe using any ‘noodles/pasta’ you choose, they are put into the pan to ‘toast’ a bit. The other ingredients are then added to the toasted ‘noodles’, cover the pan and cook until the ‘noodles’ are cooked – approx. 10-15 min.
- Prep Time: 10-12 min.
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Total Time: 15-20 min.
- Yield: 2 servings
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- 2-3 chicken breasts or thighs cut into chunks (OR use Leftovers)
- 8 oz. mushrooms cut into quarters
- 1 cup grape tomatoes cut in half & remove seeds
- 1 small onion chopped (or shallots)
- 1 glove garlic chopped
- 1/4 chopped parsley
- 1/2 lb. spaghetti, break into thirds (or use your favorite shape pasta)
- 2 TBLS. olive oil
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup white wine (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- If you are using ‘Leftovers’ have them ready & set aside.
- Heat a large saute pan and add the olive oil and if using chicken saute them for a few minutes on each side, approx 3-4 minutes with the onion and garlic.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and add in the dry spaghetti with the onions and garlic.
- Cook the spaghetti until it’s lightly browned, stirring occasionally, approximately 5 minutes.
- Now add in the stock and cook for a few minutes – just until the pasta starts to bend without breaking. Then add in the chicken, all the tomatoes, mushrooms, (or add in leftovers if using) and stir well, cover and continue to cook until the chicken and pasta are cooked – approx. 5-8 minutes)
- Add in the wine if using, add the chopped parsley and salt and pepper to taste, stirring well to blend all the ingredients. Simmer another 2-3 minutes and serve.
Keywords: Fideos, toasted noodles, easy dinner recipe, pasta dinner recipe