Nutella and Banana French Toast
- Yield: 2-4
- Category: Breakfast
- 8 slices whole wheat or multigrain bread
- 1 lg. or 2 med/sm. bananas
- Nutella spread
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBLS. vanilla extract
- 3 TBLS. milk (you can use almond, coconut or soy milk)
- 3-4 TBLS. butter (I use Smart Balance)
- In a shallow dish mix the eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Lay out the 8 slices of bread. Spread nutella on 4 slices. Slice banana in half lengthy wise and then cut the banana to fit on the slice of bread. Add 2 pieces of banana on each slice. If the banana is small then add another slice.
- Cover the prepared bread with the plain slice to make a sandwich.
- Dip each sandwich in the egg mixture making sure that the bread is well coated.
- Heat a grill pan and add butter. When hot place the sandwiches on the pan and cook each side until lightly browned, approximately 2-4 minutes each.
- Place on plate, cut in half and serve. Add extra banana slices for the kids to dip into the melted nutella on their plates.