Oatmeal cookies are what I like to call the ‘comfort food Cookie’.
This White Chocolate and Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookie is adapted from the basic oatmeal cookie recipe found on the Quaker Oats oatmeal package.
My inspiration was the #fillthecookiejar challenge ‘FALL’ theme this month.
The aroma from the addition of cinnamon and nutmeg immediately made me think of Fall while the cookies were baking. I couldn’t wait for the cookies to come out of the oven, they smelled so delicious.
I had to taste the cookies immediately. OMGeee, they were so good. I ate about 5 of them before the second tray came out of the oven.
White Chocolate and Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
White Chocolate Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies is a very easy recipe Adapted from Quaker Oats Oatmeal Raisin Cookies recipe. Make this cookie any time you want a snack. Great for after-school snacks. Easy recipe to make with the kids.
- 1/4 cup + 3 TBLS. butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (Or use granulated sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup AP flour (I used 3/4 white whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 oz. Ghirardelli white chocolate squares chopped
- Cream butter and sugars. Add in the egg and vanilla and stir until blended.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir until well blended. Add in the oats and mix well. Stir in the white chocolate.
- Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop drop dough onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on cookie sheets for a couple of minutes and then remove to cool on wire racks.
I didn’t think my ‘picky palate’ family would like these since they are not fans of oatmeal and white chocolate. It turned out I was totally surprised when grampy declared they were the best cookies he’s had in a long time (huh? I bake cookies at least 3 times a month . . .).
This is an easy recipe, from start to finish you can be done in an hour or maybe less.
A glass of milk and yummy oatmeal cookies for an afternoon snack can make your day extra special!