Zucchini Parmigiana – or Parmesan
Zucchini Parmigiana, or Parmesan, is made easily with fresh zucchini, tomato sauce and mozzarella – that’s only 3 ingredients. An easy recipe to make with garden fresh zucchini. Or make it any time, it’s an easy lasagna style with no pasta.
- Prep Time: 15-20 min.
- Cook Time: 20-30 min.
- Total Time: 40-50 min.
- Yield: 2-3 servings
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American/Italian
- 2 med/large zucchini sliced lengthwise
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 8oz. mozzarella sliced
- olive oil for drizzle
- approx. 3 TBLS. chopped parsley and/or 3 basil leaves chopped
- Slice zucchini in slices a little more than ¼ inch thick. Dip the slices in the egg and then in the bread crumbs.
- Place the breaded slices on parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle a little olive oil over the top of the zucchini slices.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven 15 minutes on each side, or just until the bread crumbs are lightly browned.
- In a baking dish place one layer of zucchini on the bottom of the dish. Add mozzarella on top of each zucchini, use as much or as little mozzarella as you wish. They spoon tomato sauce on top of the the entire layer. Sprinkle a little parsley and/or basil over each layer.
- Repeat layering process until all the zucchini is used.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until the flavors have blended and the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle a little Italian grated cheese on top before serving.
Keywords: baked zucchini, zucchini casserole, zucchini parmesan, parmigiana, easy recipe, vegetarian