Apple Cherry Mini Pie with Salted Caramel Sauce
- Category: Dessert
Prepare Pie Crust (either homemade or prepared pie crust)
- 3 large apples, peeled, cored and cut in small cubes
- 1 cup cherries, canned or frozen, cut in small pieces
- sprinkle of cinnamon and/or nutmeg
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- sugar to taste (taste the apples and cherries for sweetness first then add sugar accordingly)
- Peel and cut the apples in small cubes.
- Drain the cherries and chop them into small pieces.
- In a small saucepan add the fruit, the lemon juice and sugar to taste. Cook for 2-5 minutes just to soften the fruit and combine the flavors.
- Set aside while you prepare the crust.
- Cut the pie crust into 3-5 inch circles – it depends on how big you would like the pies.
- Place 1-2 Tablespoons of fruit in the center of each circle.
- Using a little water dab it around the edge of the circle then fold over the dough sealing it with the tines of a fork.
- Continue this process until all the fruit and dough is used and brush the tops of the dough with egg white.
- Bake at 375 for about 20-30 minutes until they pies are a nice golden color.