English Muffin Mini Pizzas Quick and Easy
for lunch, afternoon snack or serve as an appetizer for a casual party or game day snacks.
Life has a way of changing. Sometimes it’s gradual and we don’t really notice until the kids start getting older and sometimes it rushes in like a tornado.
Well, my tornado has arrived, grampy is now retired. I won’t go into details except that he will be showing up in the kitchen occasionally, and I do mean occasionally!!!!!
These cute little pizzas are grampy’s snack for the afternoon. Is he kidding? a snack, this can be supper.
Make these anytime, any day, and for a quick meal it’s great with a mixed green salad. And grampy’s glass of Chianti goes well too but just for adults, the kids can have fresh grape juice.
- 1 pkg. whole grain English muffins (or any kind of muffins you prefer)
- 12-16 slices of mozzarella (approx. 1-2 slices per muffin half)
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce (low sodium is healthier)
- 1 tbls. chopped parsley and/or chopped basil
- drizzle of olive oil
- grated parmesean cheese, approx. 1-2 tsp. per muffin half (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the muffins in half and lay out on a baking sheet. A suggestion, use 2-3 muffins per person.
- Add a spoonful of tomato sauce, top with a slice of mozzarella.
- Sprinkle the chopped parsley, basil and salt & pepper on top and add grated cheese.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over each muffin.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until the cheese melts and the muffins are heated through.
Serve these English muffin mini pizzas quick and easy with a mixed green salad for a quick and easy economical meal. FYI-I usually use Whole Grain English Muffins these days, though you can use your favorite style of English muffins.