for lunch, afternoon snack or serve as an appetizer for a casual party or game day snacks.
English Muffin Mini Pizzas Quick and Easy
Life has a way of changing. Sometimes it’s gradual and we don’t really notice until the kids start getting older and sometimes it rushes in like a tornado.
Well, my tornado has arrived. Grampy is now retired. I won’t go into details except that he will be showing up in the kitchen occasionally, and I do mean occasionally!!!!!
These cute little pizzas are grampy’s snack for the afternoon. Is he kidding? a snack, this can be supper . . .Print
Mini Pizzas Quick & Easy
English Muffin Mini Pizzas is a quick recipe to make for lunch. These are great for after school snacks or have fun on a rainy day and let the kids make own. Great snack for game day as well.
- Prep Time: 8-10 min.
- Cook Time: 12-15 min.
- Total Time: 22 min.
- Yield: 12 mini pizzas
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pkg. whole grain English muffins (or any kind of muffins you prefer)
- 12-16 slices of mozzarella (approx. 1-2 slices per muffin half)
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce (low sodium is healthier)
- 1 tbls. chopped parsley and/or chopped basil
- drizzle of olive oil
- grated parmesean cheese, approx. 1-2 tsp. per muffin half (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the muffins in half and lay out on a baking sheet. A suggestion, use 2-3 muffins per person.
- Add a spoonful of tomato sauce, top with a slice of mozzarella.
- Sprinkle the chopped parsley, basil and salt & pepper on top and add grated cheese.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over each muffin.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until the cheese melts and the muffins are heated through.
Keywords: mini pizzas, afterschool snacks, game day snack, english muffin pizzas, easy recipe
Make these anytime, any day. For a light quick meal you can make a mixed green salad. Granmpy’s glass of Chianti goes well with the mini pizzas quick and easy – but just for adults. I like to give the kids fresh grape juice.
Serve these English muffin mini pizzas quick and easy with a mixed green salad for a quick and easy economical meal. FYI-I usually use Whole Grain English Muffins these days, though you can use your favorite style of English muffins.
Kids of all ages enjoy these mini pizzas as an anytime snack. When it’s too early to start dinner and someone is “soooooo hungry” you can make these in just a few minutes. Great little appetizer.
Having a game day gathering? This is another popular snack you can have ready. Make this ham, cheese, spinach stromboli in advance. A hearty snack or game day appetizer will have everyone cheering.