Cinnamon spirals are a sweet treat that both kids and adults will enjoy.
Using Pillsbury crescent dough you can have a snack ready in 30 minutes.
I don’t know if this counts as healthy but I made a simple yogurt dip and added nutella. It definitely was a hit with the kids.
If you just heard everyone is watching the game at your house, these can be made in no time at all with ingredients you probably already have in your fridge.
Cinnamon Spirals and Yogurt Dip
- Category: Appetizer
- 1 pkg. refrigerator crescent dough
- 2/3 cup turbinado sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 2 TBLS. cinnamon
- 1 TBLS. butter, melted
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 tsp. water
- In a small bowl mix together the sugar and cinnamon. Add more or less cinnamon according to taste.
- Unroll the crescent dough and pinch together any seams that may be separated. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the dough.
- Re-roll the crescent dough back into a log.
- Slice the dough into 1/2 inch slices. Brush the tops with the melted butter and bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 12-15 minutes, or until the tops are lightly browned. Baking time will depend on the thickness of the slices.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Mix the water and confectioners sugar for the glaze. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled spirals.
Make these for an anytime snack; on game day; or for special occasions — a bridal or baby shower.