Pasta with Roasted Chicken and Peppers is a quick and easy dish for this busy time of year.
With hectic days ahead I like making dishes that don’t require spending hours in the kitchen to get supper on the table.
This is the last recipe in my “Quick and Easy” series of three recipes for this season. The key is to plan ahead and cook when you have the time. Then the prep for dinner is quick and easy.
This chicken and pasta dish is one of grampy’s favorites. It’s so simple you can make it ‘quick and easy‘ in 30 minutes. It’s also flexible — you can add any vegetable you like, or not add vegetables – it’s all up to you and what you have available. You can add mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, etc.
Roasting a double portion of chicken gives you options to make a couple of meals from the one roast. I like to roast 2 large whole chicken breasts when I have time that way I have the chicken ready to make fajitas, chicken soup, chicken pot pie, chicken salad. This is a huge time-saver when our schedules are hectic.
TIP: #1. Roast chicken in advance.
This will make the prep for the pasta sauce much quicker.Print
Pasta With Roasted Chicken & Peppers Quick & Easy
For a quick and easy dinner do the prep work in advance. Roasted garlic will stay fresh in the fridge for approx. 3 days. Roast 2 large chicken breasts in advance.
- Category: Chicken
- 1 box #Dreamfields Penne pasta (or your favorite pasta)
- 2 TBLS. olive oil
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 clove roasted garlic**
- 1 can chicken broth
- sliced chicken breast
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 TBLS. chopped fresh parsley
- Fill a 4 quart pot with water set on high heat to boil water.
- Cut the red pepper in 1 to 1 1/2 inch chunks and place in the boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from boiling water and drain on paper towels. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to package directions.
- In a saute pan heat the oil on medium heat and add in the peppers. Saute them for 5 minutes and then add in the shallots and garlic. Continue to saute until softened, approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add in the chicken broth and cook until it comes to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and add the sliced chicken breasts.
- Continue to simmer while the pasta cooks.
- Drain pasta and add it back into the pot. Add the sauce to the pasta and gently stir to combine.
- Serve in a shallow pasta dish. Add chopped parsley.
**When preparing your weekly meal plan roast a head of garlic in advance to have ready to add to your recipes. Here is an easy way to roast garlic.
More Quick & Easy Recipes:
Chicken Pot Pie