Shrimp with quinoa is quick and easy to prepare.
We can all use a little help when it’s really busy especially this time of the year. I have a few recipes and tips that could be helpful. Here is one of my “Quick and Easy” recipes to ease the stress this time of the year.
We’re all hungry, the kids are cranky and as parents we need to be sure everyone is eating something that is fairly nutritious.
This broiled shrimp recipe is an easy dish to make when you are having one of those hectic days. You can also grill the shrimp if that fits into your regular routine. Some of us may not have that option so broiling is the way to go.
I always have frozen shrimp in the freezer for those days when there is not much time to prepare a meal.
Shrimp is a bit more expensive but buying a large bag when it’s on sale in Costco, or whichever ‘big box’ store is near you, can be a wise purchase and can be a life saver on those hectic days. Plus it is definitely a healthier choice than fast food burgers.
Here’s the scoop, in way less than 30 minutes (if you prepare the quinoa or rice in advance) you can have this meal on the table.
It’s really easy:
- #1-take out the amount of shrimp you will need and place in a bowl under cold running water. In 10 minutes the shrimp will be ready to cook.
- #2-turn on the oven to broil.
- #3-prepare the quinoa, or use quick cooking rice, it’s faster. For a HUGE head start prepare the quinoa or rice early in the day or the night before.
- #4-place the shrimp on a baking sheet, season with salt, pepper and drizzle a little olive oil. Broil 3-5 minutes on each side and dinner is ready.
Shrimp With Quinoa, Quick and Easy
- 4-6 shrimp per person (or more if needed)
- olive oil for drizzle
- 2 TBLS. butter (melt in microwave if easier) (you may need a little more if you are using a lot of shrimp)
- 2 TBLS. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 glove chopped garlic (use more or less as desired)
- 1-2 tsp. Paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place shrimp on a baking sheet or if using, in a grill pan. Drizzle the oil and butter over the shrimp.
- Add the garlic and sprinkle Paprika, salt and pepper and parsley over top.
- Broil for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Serve over the quinoa or rice.
Dinner is served!