Bacon Appetizer Sweet & Savory
A delicious sweet and savory bacon appetizer recipe that is adapted from Pioneer Woman. This is both an oven baked recipe and I added a version to bake in the Air Fryer.
- Prep Time: 12-15 min.
- Cook Time: 1 hr 20 min. oven baked
- Total Time: 15 min. total air fryer recipe
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- The specific amount of ingredients needed will depend on how many crackers you use. You will need 1/2 slice of bacon for each cracker.
- Toll House Crackers (I used whole grain)
- Brown Sugar — for 1 sleeve of crackers I used 2 over-filled tablespoons of sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray the wire racks with non-stick cooking spray and place wire racks on the parchment lined pan.
- Place 1 teaspoon of brown sugar on top of each cracker.
- Wrap 1/2 slice of bacon around the sugar topped cracker and place on the wire rack.
- Do this with all the crackers and bake for approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until the bacon is just crisp. (Mine baked in about 1 hr. 20 min.)
- Remove from oven to cool and serve immediately or you can freeze them and serve when needed. Heat the frozen crackers just until warm to serve.
AIR FRYER RECIPE:
- Cut a piece of aluminum foil to fit in the air fryer basket according to manufacturer’s directions. Usually the foil should be a quarter inch narrower than the fryer basket so that the air circulates while cooking.
- Prepare the ingredients the same way as for oven baking, then place on aluminum foil that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Place the prepared aluminum foil with the prepared crackers into the air fryer basket.
- Bake at 320 degrees for 6 minutes. Open the basket and rearrange the crackers so they are evenly spaced and continue to bake at 6 minute intervals. Repeat the process and they’re done when the bacon is crispy. Mine baked in 15 minutes total.
Keywords: bacon, appetizer, sweet and savory bacon,