Family Friendly Spiced Hot Apple Cider
Family Friendly Spiced Hot Apple Cider is easy to make especially during the winter holidays when we entertain more than the rest of the year. Yes, you can make your cocktails family friendly with no fussing or special ingredients. It’s nice to have a simple bar set up that is well stocked with fruit juices, sparkling water or club soda, ginger ale, and of course for those who enjoy something a little different add some sparkling wine or fruit liquors.
- Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Total Time: 25-35 min.
- Yield: 2 Quarts
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: American
- 2 qts. apple cider
- 1/4 cup granulated Monk Fruit (or use your preferred sugar alternative)
- 1-2 oranges, peeled and squeezed (add the peel and the fresh squeezed orange juice to the pot), save some peel and slices to add to glasses
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Add all the ingredients into the pot. Heat to boiling and then reduce heat to simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- When ready to serve strain the hot cider to remove the peels and spices. Serve Hot.
Keywords: Homemade, hot apple cider, family friendly drinks, no alcohol, Holiday entertaining, refined sugar free