Pepperoni bread sticks is an easy appetizer or snack anytime or for the group on game day.
You can serve these bread sticks in place of bread or rolls for lunch or dinner.
Pepperoni Bread sticks can be made in advance and you can freeze them to have available when you need them in a pinch.
I make a basic pizza dough and a basic marinara sauce. It really doesn’t take a lot of time at all. While the pizza dough is rising you can whip up the marinara sauce and let it simmer for 20 minutes. Done!
This is the link to my Pizza Dough Recipe, or you can use store bought dough.
You will only need a pizza dough, pepperoni, grated cheese and marinara sauce.
- ½ cup sliced pepperoni chopped
- 2 TBLS. grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- drizzle of olive oil
- 14 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- 1½ TBLS. olive oil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 2 TBLS. chopped fresh parsley
- 2-3 leaves fresh basil chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Roll out the dough and cut into 1" strips.
- Fold each strip in half and twist. Lay out on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle twists with olive oil. Sprinkle with grated cheese
- Bake in 425 degree oven for 8-12 minutes until lightly browned.
- In a small saucepan add the oil on medium heat. Add the garlic to hot oil and cook just until the garlic starts to bubble a little. Do not let the garlic brown, it will taste bitter.
- Add the tomato sauce to the garlic and reduce heat to a simmer and cover for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the herbs and salt and pepper to taste, stir well and continue to cook another 5-10 minutes.
- Set aside until ready to serve.