Pepperoni Bread Sticks With Marinara Sauce
Pepperoni Bread Sticks or Twists with marinara sauce are easy to make for any meal. You can easily make these Pepperoni Twists and add marinara sauce and serve as appetizers, game day snacks, and also a great addition to a party buffet and why not on New Year’s Eve.
- Prep Time: 10-12 minutes
- Cook Time: 8-12 minutes
- Total Time: 25-30 min.
- Yield: approx. 1 dz.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
For the Pepperoni Bread Stick or Twists
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni chopped
- 2 TBLS. grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 roll of refrigerator pizza dough – Or make Easy Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe
- drizzle of olive oil
The Marinara Sauce
- 14 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- 1 1/2 TBLS. olive oil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 2 TBLS. chopped fresh parsley
- 2-3 leaves fresh basil chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
For The Pepperoni Stick or Twists
- Roll out the dough and cut into 1″ strips.
- Fold each strip in half and twist. Lay out on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle twists with olive oil. Sprinkle with grated cheese
- Bake in 425 degree oven for 8-12 minutes until lightly browned.
AIR FRYER RECIPE:
- Place the twists on parchment or non-stick foil and add to the air fryer basket.
- You can brush very lightly with avocado oil or use non-stick spray.
- Bake on 330 degrees for about 3-5 minutes on each side. NOTE: The temperature and cooking time will depend on your appliance and how large or small you make the twists. You should be comfortable using your air fryer first. OR you can place only 1 prepared twist in the basket for a TEST – that’s up to you.
For Marinara Sauce
- In a small saucepan add the oil on medium heat. Add the garlic to hot oil and cook just until the garlic starts to bubble a little. Do not let the garlic brown, it will taste bitter.
- Add the tomato sauce to the garlic and reduce heat to a simmer and cover for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the herbs and salt and pepper to taste, stir well and continue to cook another 5-10 minutes.
- Set aside until ready to serve.
The prep/cook/total time to bake in the air fryer will vary.
Keywords: Bread Sticks, Appetizer, pepperoni bread sticks, pizza dough, easy recipe, party food recipe