Chicken With Rice Soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3-4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3-4 stalks celery, peeled and diced
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cut up or shredded
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. oregano/thyme or your favorite herb
I cut up my veggies in 1/2 inch chunks, you can make them smaller and dice them. It’s just a matter of preference.
- Add water and chopped onions, carrots and celery to a 5 quart saucepan and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and cook on low-medium heat for another 30 minutes.
- Add in the parsley, spinach and cooked chicken and cook another 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add approx. 1/4 cup cooked rice to each bowl and add in soup.