I checked the freezer and I had a couple of frozen chicken breasts that I sauted a while ago and had too many for that night’s dinner so I froze the ones I didn’t use in my recipe.
It was such a lifesaver to have those pre-cooked chicken breasts. I just made a simple sauce added spinach and mozzarella and dinner was ready! Don’t panic if you don’t have pre-cooked chicken breasts in the freezer, here is the recipe using fresh chicken breasts.
Quick and Easy!
- 4 chicken breasts, floured and lightly sauted
- 1-2 cups fresh baby spinach
- ⅔ cup shredded mozarella
- juice from ½ lemon
- ¼ cup white wine (optional) - if you don't use the wine add additional chicken broth.
- ⅔ cup chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove chopped, and/or chopped shallots or onion (your choice, use all or which ever you prefer)
- 2 TBLS. chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- If you do not have leftover chicken breasts, just heat a saute pan with 2 TBLS. olive oil.
- Flour the chicken and add to the hot oil and saute on each side for 3-4 minutes. You don't have to cook all the way through as the chicken will continue to cook in the sauce.
- Remove the sauted chicken from the pan and set aside. Add to the pan the chopped garlic/shallot/onion, whichever you are using. Saute until translucent.
- Add in the wine if using or use the chicken broth and stir well. Add in the lemon juice and salt and pepper. Heat until it comes to a brisk simmer, cook for 3 minutes.
- Add in the chicken and top with spinach and mozzarella. Cover pan and simmer about 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the cheese is melted. Add the chopped parsley.
- Serve with a salad and/or your favorite vegetables.
Serve an easy Panzanella Tuscan Bread Salad from McCallums Shamrock Patch with this dish for a complete meal.