Low Carb Cheesy Cauliflower Bread “Pizza” Slices
Recipe adapted from several recipes found on Pinterest. See links at the end of the post.
- Prep Time: 15-25 min.
- Cook Time: 25-35 min.
- Total Time: 2-4 hrs. drying time
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Appetizers-Sides
For the Cauliflower Bread Pizza Slices
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
For “Pizza” style topping
- 1 cup marinara sauce (homemade or jar)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/2-3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- Wash and cut the florets from the stem of the cauliflower and pat dry.
- Using a grater or ricer, grate only the florets into a bowl – discard the stems.
- When all the cauliflower is grated or riced, place in a bowl or a large freezer bag (do NOT add water) and cook for 3-5 minutes in the microwave.
- Remove cauliflower from microwave and place on a clean cloth towel, roll up the towel and squeeze the water from the cauliflower. Shake off the cauliflower onto a paper towel lined sheet pan and occasionally give it a stir. (I placed it on top of the stove for at least an hour; the heat from the oven helps to dry the cauliflower).
- When the cauliflower is dried, add it to a bowl.
- Next add in the beaten egg, mozzarella, herbs/seasonings and salt and pepper mixing well with a whisk.
- On a parchment lined pan spread out the mixture in a thin layer to form a triangle (mine was about 14 x 7 which will vary based on the size of the cauliflower)
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for approximately 25 minutes, until it is browned and firm.
For “Pizza” style topping.
- Remove from the oven and spread with marinara sauce and sprinkle with the grated cheese and shredded mozzarella.
- Place in a 425 degree oven for 5-8 minutes until the cheeses melt in with the sauce.
- Remove from the oven & let cool on pan for 5 minutes. Carefully remove to a plate and cut into slices. Serve with additional marinara sauce for dipping.
The drying time takes a while. Planning ahead will make this well worth the drying time. After making this recipe many times, I most often rice the cauliflower in the morning which allows plenty of time for the riced cauliflower to dry.
Keywords: low carb, cauliflower pizza slices,