An easy side dish, creamy polenta with kale is very easy to make and takes very little time to prepare.
It’s been really cold this winter and I thought that polenta would be a nice comfort food type side dish for chicken. This creamy polenta with kale will pair very well with any protein. Serve this as a light supper with a side salad for an easy vegetarian meal.
Chicken is a staple on our family menu so I try to be creative mostly for myself. Everyone here likes their chicken cutlets fried, rice on the side and a veggie.
Not so much for me, I’m looking for more flavors. I’ll fry up the cutlets and then use some other vegetables or whatever I have in the fridge to come up with something different. This Chicken Florentine Style is just one recent dish I put together with what I had in the fridge.
Polenta is so easy to make and it’s a great base for adding healthy vegetables for a delicious side dish for most any protein.
Today I used instant polenta. It was all I could find on the day I was out shopping, but it turned out to be a lifesaver. It was a busy day and the instant polenta is quick and easy to prepare.Print
Creamy Polenta With Kale
Creamy Polenta With Kale is an easy side dish recipe. Also a delicious vegetarian option side dish. This can also be a light supper with a hearty salad as a side.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Total Time: 25-35 min.
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Instant Polenta prepared according to package directions for the number of servings you will need.
- 2-4 cups of fresh kale
- 1-2 tsp. avocado oil (or any light oil)
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 TBLS. chopped parsley
- 2 TBLS. butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- First start with washing the kale and patting it dry on paper towels. Cut the leaves in a rough chop so they are bite size.
- Heat in a saucepan 1 teaspoon of avocado oil and add in the chopped garlic, sauteing just until soft.
- Using the same sauce pot prepare the polenta according to the package directions. I made 2 cups of polenta and it actually only takes about 3 minutes to cook.
- Once the polenta is almost cooked stir in the kale, add in the butter and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: polenta, creamy polenta, polenta with kale, side dish, vegetarian recipe