Grilled Antipasti Pizza Appetizer
Grilled Antipasti Pizza Appetizer is a great snack or appetizer for weekend gatherings. You can make several pizzas on the grill with different toppings. Something for Everyone! TIP: You will need approx. 1 prepared pizza dough for 3-4 people – adjust the toppings needed based on the number of pizzas you will grill.
- Prep Time: 15 min.
- Cook Time: 5-10 min.
- Total Time: 30-40 min.
- Yield: 4-8 servings
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American/Italian
- prepared pizza dough (you’ll need 1 pizza dough for 3-4 people)
- 1 jar of artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup sliced roasted peppers
- 1/2 cup black olives sliced in half
- 4-6 slices of salami (or ham) sliced into strips
- 1 pkg. shredded mozzarella or 8 oz. mozzarella, sliced
- drizzle of olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
Roll out a fresh pizza dough and cut it into smaller serving pieces based on your preferences
- Place the pizza dough on the grill and cook on medium heat. Watch it carefully and turn over as soon as you see grill marks. There might be a bubble or two, but just tap it and it will pop and the dough will flatten.
- Turn over and add a half of the shredded mozzarella, and the rest of the toppings to the cooked side of the dough and finish off with the remainder of the mozzarella.
- Bring down the cover of the grill and cook for 2-4 minutes, check to be sure the dough is not burning and the toppings are heated through and cheese is melting.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil, grated parmigiano cheese and add salt and pepper to taste.
- You can also add fresh basil on top as well.
You can make your own pizza dough Homemade Pizza Dough Easy or use store bought dough. With this homemade dough recipe you can make 2 to 3 medium sized pizzas with assorted toppings. This is a delicious Appetizer for a gathering.