Mini Chocolate Doughnuts Baked
Mini Chocolate Doughnuts Baked recipe is a dairy free recipe. An easy recipe to make anytime for the kids. Takes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
- Total Time: 25-35 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 mini doughnuts
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 3/4 cups All Purpose flour
- 1/2 cup White Whole Wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Flaxseed Substitution* see NOTE above (OR use 1 egg)
- 2 tsp. white vinegar
- 3/4 cup minus 2 tsp. coconut milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
To prepare the coconut milk substitution mix 2 tsp. white vinegar and coconut milk to measure ¾ cup total liquid. Let sit for 5-10 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl, breaking up the lumps in the cocoa powder.
- In a small bowl mix together the flaxseed mixture, the milk, vegetable oil and vanilla until well combined. Add this to the flour mixture gently mixing until blended
- Spoon the batter into the doughnut wells and fill only half way.
- Bake about 8-10 minutes for mini doughnuts or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Use powdered sugar glaze or your preferred topping.
*To replace the buttermilk with coconut milk: Add 2 teaspoons of vinegar to coconut milk to measure ¾ cup of milk. Let sit 5-10 minutes stirring once or twice. *Flaxseed replacement for egg – add flaxseed to spice grinder and grind to a powder. Mix together with a fork 1 tablespoon of the ground flaxseed to 3 tablespoons of water and let sit for 5 minutes. (Recipe adapted from www.kingarthurflour.com)