This spaghetti with mushrooms in lemon wine sauce is an easy weeknight meal when days are hectic.
Spaghetti With Mushrooms in Lemon Wine Sauce
Pasta, yes it’s one of our favorite dishes. When days are hectic and it’s too late to take out something from the freezer, pasta is always a quick and easy meal. This recipe uses wine – But – the wine is not necessary. The delicious flavor comes from the fresh squeezed lemon juice. Recipe instructions are given to easily eliminate the wine in this recipe.
Fresh vegetables are always in my fridge. For a delicious and very easy supper you can add in whatever vegetables are in the fridge, boil the pasta and dinner can be ready in less than 30 minutes. Very often it’s perfect for a meatless Monday dish.
Today I used hearty and ‘meaty’ portobello mushrooms and sweet onions. I quickly sautéd them while the water boiled and the pasta cooked. A delicious dinner is ready in about 20 minutes.
Quick Review: Easy Dinner: cook the onions alone with some added salt and they will brown in 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in the mushrooms and continue to sauté. Both the onions and mushrooms will continue to brown and they will sweeten a little from the caramelizing. De-glaze the pan with the lemon juice and wine (if using) or add vegetable a little more broth if you think there is not enough sauce. This is a personal preference, and simmer while the spaghetti cooks. Drain the spaghetti, save a little of the pasta water, add the spaghetti to a bowl with the mushroom mixtures, and “Dinner is Served!”
Here is another quick and easy pasta dinner that you might enjoy as well. Stop by for the recipe to make Vegetable Bolognese, hearty and delicious dinner any time.
Spaghetti With Mushrooms In Lemon Wine Sauce
When days are hectic and it’s too late to defrost something from the freezer, pasta is always a quick and easy meal. Use fresh vegetables you may already have or you can always use a cup or two of frozen veggies. Dinner can be ready in less than 30 minutes. *Eliminate the wine if you wish, instructions in the recipe below.*
- Prep Time: 12-15 min.
- Cook Time: 15-20 min.
- Total Time: 25-35 min.
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- Category: Pasta
- Cuisine: American/Italian
- 1 TBLS. avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 2 TBLS. butter
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 1 clove garlic chopped (optional)
- 1-3 med.-lg. portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth (OR optional add white wine)
- additional vegetable broth or bouillon as needed
- 1 12 oz. pkg. spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbls. butter
- 2 leaves fresh basil chopped (optional)
- Heat oil and butter in skillet and add the sliced onions and 1 teaspoon of salt. Cook onions for about 8 minutes stirring occasionally. They will start to brown, continue to cook until they soften and add in the chopped garlic if using.
- While the onions are cooking fill a pot with water, place on medium to high heat to boil for the spaghetti. Add the spaghetti to boiling water and cook according to package directions.
- To the skillet add in sliced mushrooms to the onions and continue to cook on medium heat.
- When the mushrooms and onions are browned, add in the vegetable broth and stir to blend well and then add in the lemon juice. Stir well and cover for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add in more vegetable broth if you would prefer to have more sauce. Add 1/4 cup at a time as needed. Add parsley and salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and save some of the pasta water.
- Add the drained pasta to a bowl and stir in the onion and mushroom mixture. Top off with 1 Tablespoon of butter and stir well. If needed add some of the pasta water. Add additional salt, pepper as needed.
- Top with fresh chopped basil and parsley.
- You can serve with grated parmgiano reggiano.
*Eliminate the wine if you wish, instructions are in the recipe.*
Keywords: spaghetti, pasta dinner, mushrooms, assorted vegetables, meatless recipe, vegetarian
Making spaghetti or a pasta dinner is always quick and easy when life gets hectic. Adding a ‘pinch of healthy’ by using fresh vegetables makes a delicious vegetarian dinner for everyone. Enjoy a pasta dinner any time of the year. Summer or in the middle of a blizzard Spaghetti with Mushrooms in Lemon Sauce is always delicious.
PLEASE SHARE &