Spaghetti With Mushrooms In Lemon Wine Sauce
When days are hectic and it’s too late to defrost something from the freezer, pasta is always a quick and easy meal. Use fresh vegetables you may already have or you can always use a cup or two of frozen veggies. Dinner can be ready in less than 30 minutes. *Eliminate the wine if you wish, instructions in the recipe below.*
- Prep Time: 12-15 min.
- Cook Time: 15-20 min.
- Total Time: 25-35 min.
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- Category: Pasta
- Cuisine: American/Italian
- 1 TBLS. avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 2 TBLS. butter
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 1 clove garlic chopped (optional)
- 1-3 med.-lg. portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth (OR optional add white wine)
- additional vegetable broth or bouillon as needed
- 1 12 oz. pkg. spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbls. butter
- 2 leaves fresh basil chopped (optional)
- Heat oil and butter in skillet and add the sliced onions and 1 teaspoon of salt. Cook onions for about 8 minutes stirring occasionally. They will start to brown, continue to cook until they soften and add in the chopped garlic if using.
- While the onions are cooking fill a pot with water, place on medium to high heat to boil for the spaghetti. Add the spaghetti to boiling water and cook according to package directions.
- To the skillet add in sliced mushrooms to the onions and continue to cook on medium heat.
- When the mushrooms and onions are browned, add in the vegetable broth and stir to blend well and then add in the lemon juice. Stir well and cover for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add in more vegetable broth if you would prefer to have more sauce. Add 1/4 cup at a time as needed. Add parsley and salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and save some of the pasta water.
- Add the drained pasta to a bowl and stir in the onion and mushroom mixture. Top off with 1 Tablespoon of butter and stir well. If needed add some of the pasta water. Add additional salt, pepper as needed.
- Top with fresh chopped basil and parsley.
- You can serve with grated parmgiano reggiano.
*Eliminate the wine if you wish, instructions are in the recipe.*
Keywords: spaghetti, pasta dinner, mushrooms, assorted vegetables, meatless recipe, vegetarian