Quinoa Crust Pizza Skillet Recipe
Quinoa Crust Pizza Skillet Recipe is quite easy to make, though the quinoa needs to soak at least 8 hours or overnight. The prep is an easy blender recipe, then bake. It’s quite easy you just need time for the quinoa to soak. This recipe was adapted from Nutribullet.
- Prep Time: 20 min.
- Cook Time: 10-12 min.
- Total Time: soak quinoa 8 hrs in advance
- Yield: 1 pizza
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Soak the quinoa is a bowl with 2 cups of water for at least 8 hours or overnight. This helps to soften the quinoa which will create a batter for the pizza.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil or no-stick spray
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
When ready to make pizza drain the soaked quinoa and rinse under cold water, drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Brush a 9″ cast-iron skillet with the oil. If you don’t have a cast iron skillet use an 8″ cake pan. Put in oven to pre-heat while preparing the batter.
- Add the drained quinoa to the blender or food processor. Add ¼ cup water and process until the consistency of a thick pancake batter – adding more water if needed. Add seasoning and salt and mix.
- Carefully pour batter in to the preheated pan and quickly spread around to an even
- Bake for about 10 minutes, carefully flip and bake for another 10 minutes until browned.
- Remove from oven and add toppings, return to oven and bake for about another 5-7 minutes until heated.
Keywords: gluten free pizza crust, easy blender recipe, lunch pizza, party food *This post/recipe updated 2018*